Theatre Assistant Manager and Theater Customer Service Associate to join our team! Click here for information on the Theater Customer Service Associate position.
The ShowRoom Cinema is a three screen independent art-house cinema located in the central business district of downtown Asbury Park, NJ. The ShowRoom Cinema is the first theater built in Asbury Park in over 30 years, in a city that once was home to 7 movie palaces in the 1940’s and headquarters of the Walter Reade organization. The ShowRoom Cinema presents provocative and engaging entertainment in a guest-centric, comfortable environment. The ShowRoom Cinema is a strong member of the community, good-will ambassador of Asbury Park and the entertainment hub of the downtown.
BROAD DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES of THEATER ASSISTANT MANAGER:
The Assistant manager plays a significant role in theater operations. The Assistant Manager leads by example and delivers superior guest service in a fast-paced, clean and safe environment. The Assistant Manager supervises and motivates hourly theater associates and follows operating policies and procedures to ensure all company objectives are met and to achieve financial targets. This position reports to the General Manager.
Essential Functions/Job Duties of THEATER ASSISTANT MANAGER:
- Ability to work and problem solve independently.
- Consistently create a welcoming environment for guests by greeting, anticipating needs and exceeding expectations and implementing creative solutions to provide exceptional service.
- Assist GM with training and associate development.
- Supervise, motivate, reward and coach theater associates to sustain exceptional levels of performance and appropriately counsel associates when they are not meeting expectations.
- Understand and demonstrate desired behaviors for all staff duties including driving sales, loyalty registration, cash management, inventory and follow-up with guests.
- Maintain facilities that are clean, safe and in good repair.
- Follow required procedures in the event of a guest or associate incident.
- Identify opportunities to increase brand awareness and drive traffic into the theater through a variety of marketing efforts, social media and community involvement.
- Proficient in cash handling skills.
- Proficient in Mac-based Word, Excel. Develop a basic understanding of POS Systems.
- Operate projection equipment including projectors, servers, sound equipment. Perform basic technical troubleshooting upon completion of training.
- Work with the General Manager to assemble weekly staff schedule, ordering concessions and other materials for operations.
- Coordinates programming schedule with the General Manager, technical staff and distributors to ensure all elements of programming are scheduled for the week.
- Responsible for submitting weekly Box Office Reports to distributors.
- Preserve confidentiality of theater information.
- Programs new films each week into servers, test audio in each theater. Sets weekly schedule in servers.
- Loads new pre-shows, when available, into computer system and tests in each theater.
- Re-formats Box Office Reports weekly and sends to distributors.
- Keep inventory of supplies up to date
- Organize and maintain receipts, update manuals for staff.
- Trouble shoot technical malfunctions when necessary.
- Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the General Manager..
– High School diploma or equivalent
– College coursework in Business Management and Marketing preferred.
– Minimum 21 years of age.
– Strong written and verbal communications skills.
– Supervisory experience in a movie theater, retail or hospitality environment.
– Flexible work schedule that includes Friday, Saturday and Sunday late evenings, weekends and holidays as dictated by business needs.
For consideration, click here to send your resume. Thanks for considering The ShowRoom Cinema.
Join our team as a THEATER CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE. Our Customer Service Associates are our main link with our guests, providing them with the unique attention to detail that is the hallmark of The ShowRoom Cinema. This position reports to the Theater Assistant Manager and the General Manager.
Essential Functions/Job Duties of Theater Customer Service Associate:
– Ability to work and problem solve independently.
– Consistently create a welcoming environment for guests by greeting, anticipating needs and exceeding expectations to provide exceptional customer service.
– Maintain facilities that are clean, safe and in good repair.
– Proficient in cash handling skills.
– Follow required procedures in the event of a guest or associate incident.
– Operate computer-based POS system, popcorn machine, coffee makers and other concession-area items.
– Perform other such duties as may be assigned by the General Manager or Assistant Manager.
For consideration, click here to send your resume.